Notes for Tower Assistants & Power Boat Assistants
NOTES for TOWER ASSISTANTS
TAs do not need sailing experience as the role is mainly clerical and observational. The OOD will provide instruction and guidance on the day.
TAs can expect a reminder from DUTYMAN prior to the rostered day.
• Attend at 12 noon for Sunday racing
• Attend at 5.00pm for Wednesday Twilight Race
• Report to OOD in Tower on arrival.
• Bring your own binoculars if you prefer.
• Bring sunhat & sunscreen for outside tasks.
• Sailors, please bring sailing gear just in case.
NOTES for PATROL BOAT ASSISTANTS
Patrol Boat Assistants should receive a reminder from DUTYMAN closer to the day. You will be under the guidance of experienced Patrol Boat skippers at all times.
• Attend at 12.30 latest for Sunday races.
• Attend at 5.30 latest for Wednesday races.
• Report to OOD in Tower or Patrol Boat Captains on arrival.
• Bring wet weather gear and sunscreen.
• PFDs are supplied
• Sailors bring sailing gear in case a volunteer takes your place on the day.