Sign on instructions
Sign On Instructions 2017/18
For Safety and Race Management, all sailors are required to Sign On & Off correctly before and after racing as follows.
- All competitors must SIGN ON before leaving the beach.
- Use the iPad labelled Sign On/OFF
- If screen off press Button at bottom.
- If applicable select “Sign ON Water”
- Type Sail No or Last Name into blank field. The green list on left will shorten to one or two names. Press select or tap green name if correct and then ACCEPT.
- Your name will appear at the top of the list on the Right ON WATER in blue
- Avoid looking for your name by scrolling green list and tapping on it as this can lead to inadvertent false entries.
- If not listed on iPad see OOD in Tower.
- Change of Sail No/Rig should be advised on Form provided. But Sign on as Listed.
- Sailors on duty as OOD or Boat Assistant requiring a Duty Score should advise Duty scorer but DO NOT SIGN ON on iPAD.
Failure to observe the above will lead to no result being recorded.
- If necessary select “Sign OFF Water” and do the same as Signing On.
- All competitors must SIGN OFF as soon as possible after reaching shore and make a Declaration if necessary on form provided.
- Failure to sign off by 20minutes after last boat to finish the race reaches shore = Disqualification.